Higher Education Level 7 (Master’s Degree)
Total Credits: 30
- 12 weekly commentary tasks up to 500 words each to be marked on a week by week basis forming about 6,000 words in total to be presented electronically ………..67%
- Written assignments (6) to be presented every second week up to 500 words each (about 3,000 words in total) to be presented electronically dealing with practical aspects of translation in practice …………33%
The module aims to:
- Ensure detailed awareness of the concept of applied translation and its wide range of manifestations.
- Acquire a detailed overview of translation methodology and computer aided translation.
- Analyse the use of the wide range of practical translation methods.
The opening session is held at the University and two all day sessions are held on two Saturdays during the course