Higher Education Level 7 (Master’s Degree)
Total Credits: 30
- Weekly tasks (12) up to a maximum of 500 words to be presented electronically every week building up to a Translation Portfolio between 5,000 and 6,000 words in all ……..67%
- Written assignments (6) to be presented every second week of up to 500 words each (about 3,000 words in total) to be presented electronically dealing with practical aspects of the translation tasks themselves ……….33%
The module aims to:
- Introduce the students to concrete translation tasks in which theoretical and applied knowledge are engaged.
- Produce intelligible translated material by making informed choices, working from English to Welsh and vice versa.
- Produce informed and reasoned criticism and discussion on translation processes and output.
The opening session is held at the University and two all day sessions are held on two Saturdays during the course