Ap Geiriaduron is as an English-Welsh/Welsh-English dictionary application for your iPhone, iPad or Android device which gives you offline access to thousands of words from multiple dictionary sources, including Cysgair and ‘Y Termiadur Addysg’.
- Realtime, responsive and adaptive searching
- Offline dictionary for anytime searches
- Universal Application (iPad and iPhone) with Retina Display Graphics
- English and Welsh user interface languages, with the ability to change the language in Settings
- Demutate and deconjugate Welsh words to show their original form.
- ‘Drill down’ feature to find more detailed information on specific words
- Wildcard Welsh searches; e.g. use it as a rhyming dictionary by searching for ‘*ant’ to find all words ending in ‘ant’
- Contains the Cysgair Dictionary with over 25,000 Welsh and 25,000 English words
- Contains ‘Y Termiadur Addysg’ dictionary; funded by the Welsh Government as the dictionary for Educational terms
- Provides a gateway to the National Terminology Portal attermau.org for expanded searches
- Automatic updating of dictionaries as new words and terms are added
Created by Patrick Robertson, David Chan, Gruffudd Prys, Dewi Jones and other members of the Language Technologies Unit at Canolfan Bedwyr..
Ap Geiriaduron is a Bangor University application, part-funded by a Go Wales graduate scheme.